Applications open for interdisciplinary research proposals
The NIHR Newcastle Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) welcomes applications for proposals in the area of interdisciplinary research.
This initiative aims to provide researchers with the opportunity to establish cross-discipline collaborations and to develop synergistic programmes of research.
We aim to support a range of interdisciplinary activities including work in the five following priority areas:
- Collecting standardised ageing and MLTC data across patient cohorts
- Focusing on patient-priority symptoms including low mood and fatigue
- Incorporating advances in wearable technology across themes
- Linking different rare disease research areas
- Sharing mechanistic expertise from the Human Cell Atlas
Lead applicants must be employed by Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust or Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust. We encourage proposals from applicants who do not currently have links with the BRC.