We're very excited to be hosting the NIHR Newcastle Biomedical Research Centre Showcase in November this year.
David Shaw Lecture Theatre, Newcastle University
The event will highlight how our world-class research in ageing syndromes, dementia, liver disease, musculoskeletal disease, neuromuscular disease, skin and oral disease from across the University and Trust Partnership is improving patients’ lives.
Speakers from the Partnership will include:
- Dame Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Sir John Burn, Chairman Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor David Burn, Pro-Vice Chancellor Faculty of Medical Sciences Newcastle University
- Professor Chris Day, Vice-Chancellor and President Newcastle University
We are also delighted to welcome our two keynote speakers:
- Dr Louise Wood, Director of Science, Research and Evidence, Department of Health and Social Care London UK
- Professor Rose Anne Kenny, Director of the Mercer Institute for Successful Ageing, Trinity College Dublin Ireland
This is a full day event, beginning at 09:00, concluding at 17:00, followed by a drinks reception. Please see the NIHR Newcastle BRC Impact Showcase Programme for the day.
Please register your place by filling in the event form
We look forward to seeing you at the event.