We're pleased to announce the preliminary line-up for our forthcoming NIHR Newcastle Biomedical Research Centre Impact Showcase.
Taking place from 9:00 – 17:00 with a sponsored drinks reception to follow, the event will highlight how our world-class research in ageing syndromes, dementia, liver disease, musculoskeletal disease, neuromuscular disease, skin and oral disease from across the University and Trust Partnership is improving patients’ lives.
Speakers from the Partnership will include:
- Dame Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Sir John Burn, Chairman Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor David Burn, Pro-Vice Chancellor Faculty of Medical Sciences Newcastle University
- Professor Chris Day, Vice-Chancellor and President Newcastle University
We are also delighted to welcome our two keynote speakers:
- Dr Louise Wood, Director of Science, Research and Evidence, Department of Health and Social Care London UK
- Professor Rose Anne Kenny, Director of the Mercer Institute for Successful Ageing, Trinity College Dublin Ireland