As part of the new NIHR 'I Am Research' campaign to celebrate International Clinical Trials Day 2017, we are screening ‘People are Messy’ at events across the country.
The film, a Theatre of Debate production, engages its audiences in an informed debate around patient and public involvement in health research.
The screening of People are Messy in Newcastle will take place on Thursday 15 June, at Live Theatre, Broad Chare, Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3DQ, from 5pm – 8pm.
It is free to attend and will also feature a Research Fair where you can find out more about how patients and the public can help shape and deliver improvements in health. To register your place at the Live Theatre in Newcastle, please contact them by visiting the link.
Please note, the film is hard-hitting and features some adult language.
If you’re not in Newcastle for the date above, please see below for other screening times and dates around the country:
People are Messy events timetable:
- Saturday 6 May, as part of the Hullabaloo at Sandown Library, 119 High Street, Sandown, Isle of Wight PO36 8AF, from 11am – 3pm
- Friday 19 May, at Stoke Damerel Community College, Somerset Place, Plymouth, Devon PL3 4BD, from 11am – 4pm
- Saturday 10 June, at Governor’s Hall, St Thomas Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7EH, from 1pm – 6pm
- Wednesday 14 June, at The Nowgen Centre, Research and Innovation Division, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, 29 Grafton Street, Manchester M13 9WU, from 10.30am – 1pm
- Friday 16 June at the Trust Lecture Theatre and Education Centre, Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust, Liverpool L7 8XP, from 12pm – 4.30pm
- Thursday 22 June, at the 1904 Lounge, KCOM Stadium,Walton Street, Hull HU3 6HU, from 5pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 4 July, at Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum, Millennium Point, Curzon Street, Birmingham B4 7XG, time to be confirmed
Note: This event is aimed at young people with discussions on youth mental health and taking part in research
- East Midlands event details to be confirmed
Find out about other events taking place near you, as part of the I Am Research campaign, using our activities map.