Our training programme
Our vision is to create the next generation of translational researchers in ageing and long-term conditions. As a BRC we believe Training is central to what we do and we are the only Centre to maintain both an Academic Training Lead and a Training Manager to support the career development of our Trainees.
We offer innovative, interdisciplinary training opportunities to support novice and experienced researchers and we are responsible for:
- Research capacity development in ageing and long-term conditions across a range professional backgrounds
- Career development of our funded trainees and other research active individuals in ageing and long-term conditions
Our funded trainees are part of the NIHR Academy which means they are eligible to compete for national awards and training opportunities.
We fund trainees across different professional backgrounds:
And we fund trainees at different stages of their research careers:
Our Training Strategy
- To recruit clinical and non-clinical academic in ageing and long-term conditions at different stages of their research career
- To offer sustained support and mentoring of academics interested din ageing and long-term conditions
- To share knowledge of ageing and long-term conditions among students, health care practitioners and academics in individual specialties