What is the health or social care breakthrough you hope to see in your lifetime?
Multiverse Lab answers this important question through the voices of people across the North East and Cumbria.
Since its launch in Autumn 2020, Multiverse Lab has reached over 3000 people across the North East and Cumbria to ask “What is the health or social care breakthrough you hope to see in your lifetime?” This innovative public engagement project aims to make communities’ voices heard.
Multiverse Lab engaged with people through zoom socials, social media and a touring pop-up installation. It visited high streets, community centres and festivals to reach diverse communities across the region, capturing 500 voices through an interactive website.
Alongside the most talked about issues, poverty and long-term conditions were raised in relation to many of the different topics.
The top ten most talked about issues were:
- Mental Health
- Personalised treatment and care
- Healthy Ageing
- Social Care
- Women’s Health
The team behind Multiverse Lab are now working to share the results with partners across the region, who will use the knowledge that has been captured in various ways, including using it to shape future health and social care research priorities.
The Multiverse project was commissioned by a collaboration of partners including:
- The National Innovation Centre for Ageing
- Newcastle University
- The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) – involving:
- NIHR Newcastle Biomedical Research Centre
- NIHR Newcastle In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative
- NIHR Newcastle Clinical Research Facility
- NIHR Clinical Research Network Coordinating Centre Cluster (Newcastle)
- NIHR Applied Research Collaboration North East and North Cumbria
To find out more download the Multiverse Lab summary report here