I want to take part in research
We are delighted that you’re interested in taking part in research.
Please check out the list below for ways you can get involved.
- Become an NIHR BioResource volunteer
- Look for opportunities on the NIHR’s dedicated ‘Be part of research‘ website
- Join Newcastle Hospitals’ ResearchPlusMe registry
- Become a Research Champion with the NIHR
- Sign up to the VOICE Network
- Ask your doctor or other health professional about research they know happening in your area
Different ways to take part in research
We have specific terms to describe research with the public:
- Involvement – where members of the public are actively involved in projects and with research organisations
- Engagement – where we share research, knowledge and information with the public
- Participation – where people take part in a research study