The NIHR Newcastle BRC’s core team is located on the Campus for Ageing and Vitality (CAV). This campus also supports a range of cutting-edge facilities for clinical researchers to carry our their work. These include:
- NIHR Newcastle Clinical Research Facility (CRF)
- Magnetic Resonance Centre
- Clinics for Research and Service in Themed Assessments (CRESTA)
- Clinical Ageing Research Unit (CARU)
- Newcastle Brain Tissue Resource
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Imaging Centre
Facilities supported by the NIHR Newcastle BRC are also located on both partnership sites for Newcastle Hospitals and Newcastle University, allowing translational research to be carried out in both clinical and academic environments.
National centres for ageing and data
Our BRC works with national centres hosted by Newcastle University. The National Innovation Centre for Ageing is a £40M co-investment with UK Government. It brings together world-leading scientists, business and industry, health and care providers, and the public.
On the same site is the National Innovation Centre for Data. This is a £30M centre which enables the UK to capitalise on data opportunities across sectors and grow the economy.
The Newcastle BRC also links with the NIHR Innovation Observatory, the national medical horizon scanning facility.